Sports

/

ArcaMax

Former Jets WR Randall Cobb and family narrowly escape horrifying house fire

Brian Niemietz, New York Daily News on

Published in Football

NEW YORK — Former Jets wide receiver Randall Cobb and his family, including their dog, narrowly escaped a frightening fire at their home in Tennessee.

“First and foremost, we are all safe and healthy,” the 33-year-old Tennessee native said in a family statement posted to Instagram Wednesday night. “We got out of the house and I was able to go back in and get our dog, Louie.”

Cobb shared a series of photos and videos of the destruction, which showed their garage covered in ash.

“Unfortunately we don’t know how much, if anything, will be salvageable, but this has been a reminder that nothing is more important than the health of our family,” the post continued.

The family went on to thank Nashville firefighters for their heroism, and “the support from our close friends that have given us a temporary roof over our heads and shoulders to lean on.”

 

Cobb’s wife, Aiyda, with whom he shares three young sons, wrote on her Instagram page that the blaze began when a Tesla charger in their garage caught fire, according to ESPN. She said the family was “lucky to be alive” and escaped from the house “with nothing but the clothes on our back and no shoes on our feet.”

Cobb, who’s now a free agent, last played with the Jets in 2023. He was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in 2011 and played in Wisconsin until 2018. The speedy pass catcher then made stops in Dallas and Houston before returning to Green Bay.

Cobb was a second-round draft pick coming out of the University of Kentucky, who made the 2014 NFL Pro Bowl team. He played in 11 games for the Jets last year, caught five passes and scored a touchdown.


©2024 New York Daily News. Visit nydailynews.com. Distributed by Tribune Content Agency, LLC.

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus